Connect with likeminded people, connect with the earth and substance of which wine is made
See, touch and experience the essence of winemaking. Know where your wine comes from
Apply your newly acquired knowledge and drink wine that you KNOW is high quality
Join us in the Sierra Foothills for a weekend of working harvest at DiStasio Vineyards.
Put on your boots and throw on a hat and join us in the vineyards, on the crush pad and in the cellar during this hands-on winemaking experience. Led by Winemaker Antonia de Heinrich, you will get a glimpse of what goes on during harvest.
- VINEYARD: First hand observation of the grape harvest with this rare opportunity to access an active hand pick. Maybe help leaf if you like!
- CRUSH PAD: Active participation in fruit processing once the grapes are delivered to the winery. Ready to get your hands dirty?
- CELLAR: Learn what happens after the fruit is processed. Help with yeast additions, perform punchdowns and monitor active ferments.
This event is limited to 8 participants.
Host & Winemaker
Antonia de Heinrich
As former winemaker at Ravenswood Winery and Banshee Wines in Sonoma County, and after working harvests in New Zealand, Monterey and Napa, Antonia comes equipped with over 12 years of hands-on experience in commercial winemaking. While this time shaped Antonia who she has become as a winemaker today, it also has taught her that she needed to return to the true craft of winemaking and to educating consumers on what wine should really be.... starting with harvest.
Event Details - Work Hard, Play Hard
Friday, September 10
Saturday, September 11
- 4:30am Attend/help with grape picking (optional)
- 7:00am Crush/fruit processing at the winery
- 12:00pm Picnic Lunch, Break
- 2:00pm Barbera Festival
- 5:00pm Private tasting at the DiStasio Tasting Room
- 6:30pm Dinner hosted by DiStasio Vineyards
Sunday, September 12
- 8:00am Work in the Cellar (punchdowns, Brix & temps, additions)
- 12:00pm Closing lunch
- 1:30pm Vineyard Walk (optional)
Are you a Candidate?
This harvest immersion is for those who are passionate about wine or those who want to re-discover their love for wine.
- You must be 21 to register
- Any knowledge level is welcome but you must be OPEN to learn. The road of discovery in wine is endless.
- If you are a wine connoisseur who always wanted the opportunity for hands-on experience at a winery, this immersion is for you.
- You've fallen out of love with because it makes you feel awful? You're probably drinking the wrong stuff - but how would you know what's good quality and what isn't? This harvest immersion will give you the knowledge and tools to make informed, healthy decisions on what wines work for you.
- Are you an industry professional and never had the chance or the time to work harvest? This is your ticket!
- This event is for people who are willing and (physically) able to get their hands dirty and work hard for a few hours each day before being rewarded with delicious wine and food and a comfy bed at a lovely boutique hotel.
- It is not for those who are set in their ways about wine or uncomfortable with physical work in a collaborative team atmosphere. Because this is harvest and we're not putting on a show.